1. Name/Alias: Naivasha Colette Thomas by birth. Vashluv by vocation.
2.Where are you from/ Where do you currently live?: Spent most of adolescence in Stockton, California. Lately I’ve been a bit of a vagabond, residing in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and now New York City.
3. Where did/do you go to school and your major?: Obtained my Bachelors at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in Theatre Studies and Design. I entered college with a deep desire to study film but quickly drifted back to my thespian roots.
4. What is your Grind? My grind is limitless. I think being well-rounded with the ability to flex all muscles is key for dubious success and longevity. I am constantly working as a make up artist, concept / art director, and set builder. Overall, I’m a crafty gal and good with my hands. J My heart moves me, capturing emotion and evoking its complexities. This is expressed through several medias; such as photography, retail, film and lives stage. Currently I am doing visuals for a major global retailer and preparing some uuber fun shoots with great minds in the NY area.
5. How did you get into what you’re doing now?: I jumped into this head first, immediately choosing to swim and not sink. I grew up entertaining and worked vigorously in dance and theater. As I engulfed more in the arts my aesthetic opinion and conceptual curator inside began to evolve. I grabbed influence from my education, work experience and strong upbringing to channel my own path.
6. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?: I always wanted to be a flyy girl, the outfits and knee pads. So sassy-street. And the biker shorts… but that dream quickly vanished. So I made a commitment to become an incredible well-rounded person.
7. What are some contributing factors that shaped the life you live now?: Patience of the heart, power of the mind, faith in the Almighty, security in the unknown.
8. Any specific people that mentored or helped guide you to your current path?: My parent seeded and watered me with great morals and values I have just begun to bloom. As I get older I see more of them in my actions and decisions. Abundantly thankful for their guidance and progressive lenience as I travel down the road of the unknown. Learning from others advances and mistakes is how I segway through life. Number one rule is to give it all you got.
9. What motivates you?: Nature and my surroundings inspire me. Being one with the time, moment and space that you are in.
10. Your favorite author and why?: King Solomon. The wisest known to man. His philosophical and spiritual connection in scripture empowers me daily. The book of Ecclesiastes opened a new outlook on life and work as a whole.
11. What are 3 goals you want to achieve within the next year?: Be stronger. Work smarter. Luv louder.
12. One person that continuously inspires you and why?: There is never just one person. I am blessed because of that.
13. 3 Indie brands you LOVE to rock?: I adore Gas’d, Costume Dept, and Mayzani. They provide the essentials.
14. What annoys you the most?: Loud unnecessary noise. Loud unnecessary opinions.
15. Your best quality?: My best quality is my core commitment, living freely.
To learn more about Vash Luv & to view her portfolio visit HERE!