1. Name/Alias: MaiKhanh
2.Where are you from/ Where do you currently live?: I was born to Vietnamese and French parents in New Orleans, LA. I live in Bali Indonesia but Marseilles, New York and Paris are also my homes.
3. Where did/do you go to school and your major?:I first studied art and architecture in Lyon and followed up with fashion design in Marseilles.
4. What is your Grind?: Right now, my Grind consists of designing REBELDNCE, an urban prêt-a-porter label; a little bit of styling, launching a magazine and hosting a trunk show in NYC dec 9th (gallery bar) with Princess of the Posse, Ill P, Amore and Mike Schreiber. For invites, email me at email@example.com
5. How did you get into what you’re doing now?: Like I said, I first tried interior architecture before discovering that fashion was more suited for me. I created REBELDNCE determined to be independent creatively and to live passionately.
6. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?: As a kid I wanted to be a ballerina, an archeologist, an illustrator, a journalist and an empress.
7. What are some contributing factors that shaped the life you live now?: Key factors; travelling with my mom, falling for a man, having a family.
8. Any specific people that mentored or helped guide you to your current path?:My mom, my family and friends.
9. What motivates you?: Creativity, independence and love drive me.
10. Your favorite author and why?: Sorry to disappoint but I don’t have a favorite author. Last book I read though was The Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Murakami. It s wonderfully written and the plot is extraordinary.
11. What are 3 goals you want to achieve within the next year?: Have REBELDNCE sold in 8 stores, live between Bali, New York and Paris and keep teaching my daughter how beautiful our lives are.
12. One person that continuously inspires you and why?: My man, he inspires my happiness, strength and creativity.
13. 3 Indie fashion brands you love to rock?: Princess of the Posse, Patrik Rzepski and Illionaire
14. What annoys you the most?: People that talk and don’t follow through. It’s annoying and disappointing.
15. Your best quality?: I can admit when I’m wrong.
Visit Rebeldnce to view the current S/S 10 collection!