2.Where are you from/ Where do you currently live?:
Born and raised in LA. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and live in West Hollywood now
3. Where did/do you go to school and your major?:
I went to FIDM back in the day (like when the girls from the Hills were in junior high). My major was fashion design
4. What is your Grind?:
I do freelance design and development for clothing companies, I do styling for music videos, lookbooks, commercials, ad campaigns, etc. I’m also the wardrobe stylist for the Mun2 network (holamun2.com)l, I sell vintage clothes and clothes that I make whenever and wherever I can…even if it’s out of my car or in my apartment, I just launched an accessories line called Boos&Besito with my bff, and am currently working on a full collection of clothing that is a spin off to Boos&Besito.
5. How did you get into what your doing now?:
Well, I started out as an intern at Rojas after I graduated from FIDM. It was the only company in LA that I loved and felt I could contribute something to. I was hired at the end of my internship and the rest is history. It opened alot of doors for me and I learned EVERYTHING, well almost everything.
6. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?:
I swear I never saw myself doing anything other than design, and I never dreamt of being Chanel huge when I was a little girl. I still don’t aspire to be famous.
7. What are some contributing factors that shaped the life you live now?:
I think I’m abnormally responsible, and that’s a good thing. That really came with every job I took on early in my career. In fashion you work in deadline mode, and when it comes to production you have to be on top of a million things…..Or there is no end product, and that’s it! It’s over for you if you don’t pay attention to deadlines and detail
8. Any specific people that mentored or helped guide you to your current path?:
My dad of course, total hustler. When he was 24 he owned 2 boutiques in Buenos Aires, a taxi, a clothing company, and he would even sell Levi’s that were imported from the states out of his car. He did it all! I definitely got it from him. He guided and continues to guide me through every decision I make when it comes to my career. Even if it’s a fabric decision.
9. What motivates you?:
Two things. 1) The idea of being an independent woman, and 2) Something I call “recycled inspiration”. It’s when I make something and then I see someone else with it. It not only makes me so happy, but it really motivates me to keep doing my thing.
10. Your favorite author and why?:
Oh gosh…If only I read more books. But real talk I think I’ve read every Paulo Coelho book
11. What are 3 goals you want to achieve within the next year?:
1. Become organized, 2. Actually start exercising, and 3. Go on a real vacation where I don’t check my email
12. One person that continuously inspires you and why?:
Los Angeles inspires me. From the gutter punk teenagers in Hollywood, to the homeless people in bright nylon windbreakers I see in Santa Monica. Everyday I see something
13. 3 Indie brands you LOVE to rock?:
Whitley Kros, Jeffrey Campbell, and Kill City
14. What annoys you the most?:
When a boy is thinner than me!
15. Your best quality?: My vision. Lol!